Being the last remnant of the unique shola system and ecological riddles associated with it, the National Park provides excellent opportunities for research and monitoring. There were many studies in the past conducted by different research institutions. Some of the notable studies were Nameer (2001) on avifauna of this shola, Brijesh C M (2004) on the diversity of Lepidoptera (Insecta) in Shola Forest, Mathew and Mohandas (2001) on Insects, and Kishore Kumar K(2004) on the taxonomy and ecology of shola forests. All these studies emphasis the need for continuous monitoring of fauna and flora. Long-term studies are needed to understand the status of the animal and avifaunal populations, which will be incorporated in the prescriptions of this plan. Data on animal fauna is essential for planning the management strategies for the National Park.
- Forest & Wildlife Department- Implementation of Contract System instead of Convenor System in Forest Department for the execution of forestry works
- Application for Eco -Restoration field camp
- The forest officials at Pampadum Shola National Park detained a truck involved in dumping alleged medical and hotel wastes.
- World Environmental day celebration-2016
- APPLICATION FOR ECO-RESTORATION CAMP
- No categories