Sholas were found to regenerate even in regions where massive afforestation activities had been carried out, provided biotic pressures are prevented. Patches of Pteridium aquilinum, Gaultheria fragrantissima, etc. found in grasslands were found to be active centers of initial colonization mostly by temperate species such as Rhododendron arboreum, Vaccinium leschnaultii, Eurya nitida, Microtropis ramiflora, Pittosporum tetraspermum, Symplocos cochinchinensis, Robus sp., etc., provided moisture conditions are also promoting. Scrubland regions, which are dominated by Strobilanthes kunthianus, Hypericum mysorense, Osbeckia spp., etc., were also found to be active centers of colonization.
- Forest & Wildlife Department- Implementation of Contract System instead of Convenor System in Forest Department for the execution of forestry works
- Application for Eco -Restoration field camp
- The forest officials at Pampadum Shola National Park detained a truck involved in dumping alleged medical and hotel wastes.
- World Environmental day celebration-2016
- APPLICATION FOR ECO-RESTORATION CAMP