Values of the Park
Value related to biodiversity of Protected Area.
- Value related to flora.
- Well-protected representative example of shola ecosystem in Western Ghats.
- Exceptional species diversity
- Significant population of locally endemic species.
- Ideal place for “in-situ” germplasm conservation of rare and threatened species like tree ferns.
- Values related to fauna.
- Significant diversity of insects especially butterflies.
- Corridor connecting KDH and Palani
Values related to watershed
- Value associated with watershed for drinking water and irrigation to Vattavada valley.
Values related to education and research.
- Research and monitoring values associated with endemism, biodiversity, human-wildlife interaction etc.
- Educational value associated with nature education, nature exploration and adventure.
- Eco-tourism potential
- Values related to bird watching, trekking, nature interpretation